Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito





Monday 7 November 2011

Money First

Mr Morris seems to have become somewhat agitated of late, over what he sees as a lack of action.  His nose seems to have been put out of joint by the fact that one of the organizations he continually promotes on his web site is, quite rightly, not regarded as credible by eminent nationalists, such as Andrew Brons.

This really ought not to surprise Mr Morris, though.  Mr Morris' years of service as one of Mr Griffin's internet attack dogs may have led him to believe that nationalists will believe anything - but there are limits, even to our ingenuousness.

Can Mr Morris seriously expect nationalists to repose any trust or confidence in the individuals fronting (and backing) this lightweight vehicle, bereft as it is of any serious ideology, but possessing, as it does, profoundly venal traits?

If a political party, or, for that matter, a pressure group, should be more than a platform for over-sized egos, should do more than run a web site, collect signatures (and contact details) on petitions, and field the odd candidate in the odd by-election, then it is not only the BNP that is currently failing, but Mr Morris' most favoured organization, as well.

This should not surprise us.  It is backed and run by several of the same individuals who were, until they recently fell out with him (over money, never principle), some of Mr Griffin's closest coadjutors.

Having no doubt learnt something of the dark arts of politics from Mr Griffin, just as Griffin learnt something of the tricks of the trade of fundraising from them, the man who used to remind us at meetings that he was first and foremost a businessman, rather than a nationalist, would now have us believe that his primary motivation is no longer profit, but patriotism.  What a sea-change is here.

Remember Crecy, Agincourt, the Armada, Blenheim, Trafalgar, Waterloo, the Somme, Dunkirk, and the Battle of Britain and send your most generous gift today!  Can you look your grandchildren in the eye and not donate?

Fundraising is unquestionably a necessary and important function for any serious political party.  But this is the second time in recent years that the fundraising tail has attempted to wag the nationalist dog.

Anyone who can write, as Mr Morris did, "Forget unity - there can be only one" has, unwittingly, great entertainment value for those with a proper command of the English language, but, alas, no more contribution to make to serious politics than had John Prescott.

Possess your soul in patience (Luke 21:19), Mr Morris.  After all, you know what they say: a watched lager never boils.

Acknowledgements to the British Resistance web site for the following.

Sunday, 06 November 2011

Reply to Mr. Paul Morris a.k.a Green Arrow who posted a message attacking me on British Resistance

by Andrew Brons MEP

BNP Ideas is run quite separately from my MEP office and it has no salaried staff. I have paid all of the expenses connected with the site, apart from one donation of £150 that was contributed by one of our colleagues.

Those who have followed events surrounding the Party will know that I have made myself very unpopular, in certain quarters, for refusing to pay from EU funds for items that I did not consider to be justified.

I have also made myself unpopular, in the same quarters, for going to great lengths to ensure that those receiving incomes from the European Parliament spend all of their paid time doing European Parliamentary work.

Mr. Morris wonders whether this might all be about money. The people I employ on the European Parliament’s payroll carry out essential functions.

They run my office in the UK and distribute my literature in my constituency; they report to me on the activities of the Parliamentary committees; they run my communications campaigns; they advise me how I should vote both in committee and in the plenary (full Parliamentary sessions); they advise me about written declarations and about Parliamentary questions; they brief me on areas on which I am to give speeches in the Parliament.

Many people have been involved in the financial transactions of the British National Party. Some of these have explanations to give for its current level of indebtedness. I am not one of them. I have had no involvement with the Party’s money. [Emphasis mine, AE].

It is not arrogant to suggest that if the BNP were to collapse that a successor party would have to be established. That successor party would involve as many as possible of the thousands of members and hundreds of activists who have left the Party.

It is important that the successor to the BNP should have credible people involved and should be a genuine nationalist party with an understanding of our ideology. A party that concerns itself with only part of the United Kingdom or a party with slogans but no ideological depth would simply not be a worthy successor of the BNP. [Emphasis mine, AE].

The leadership of that party would be elected and would not be within my gift.  I shall be sixty-seven at the end of my term as MEP and I have no ambitions to play a senior role after that point.

Why should it not be formed immediately? History tells us that break-away parties that are formed, without preparation and while the ‘parent party’ is still alive, always fail.

The BNP, a break-away party from the National Front, did not overtake the National Front and its successor the National Democratic Party, until about ten years afterwards - after the National Front ceased to be a serious player after two disastrous splits.

I said, when I was selected as a candidate, that I would see out my full term as an MEP but that I would not seek a second term. I have repeated that whenever the question has arisen.

I am an active MEP at the moment and I attend most things and play an active part.

However, I would be seventy-two at the end of a second term and I do not want to be one of those part-time MEPs, who turn up once a month for the plenary session but attend little else.

I hope that this has put Mr. Morris’s mind at rest.

Andrew Brons

1 comment: