Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito





Wednesday 29 June 2011

Punish the pigs?

Financial High-Jinks and Smear Campaigns against Andrew Brons

Posted by admin, on Jun 28th, 2011, to Andrew Brons' BNP Ideas web site

The British National Party head office attempted to manipulate Andrew Brons’s Euro General Expenditure Allowance into paying for the rent of an office used by micro-trade union Solidarity general secretary Pat Harrington in Edinburgh, Andrew Brons has revealed.

In a statement issued to counteract a series of financial smears which the party leadership has indicated it will launch against him, Mr Brons said he had “consistently resisted attempts by the party leadership to misuse European Parliamentary funding for party political purposes.

“In 2009, I was asked by our Chairman to share the expenses, from my European Parliamentary funding, of an office in Edinburgh for the use of Solidarity Chief and leading member of the National Liberal Party, Patrick Harrington,” Mr Brons said.

“I said that I thought that this could not be justified and I refused to make any payment for it. I later found out that the office was rented and paid for by our Chairman, from his European General Expenditure Allowance.

“I have recently heard that rumours are being circulated that I ‘owe’ my ‘share’ of eighteen months rent on these premises, although I have never received any direct demand for payment.

“Furthermore, in December 2010, at the Annual Conference, a table was provided for the display of my first annual report and my MEP newsletters.

“I was not asked whether or not I wanted to have this facility; I was simply provided with it. Three weeks later I received an invoice for the sum of £500 from the Chairman’s wife.

“I was told that I should pay this amount from my General Expenditure Allowance – my office account. I refused, although I did seek advice on the matter from the financial authorities of the European Parliament.

“I have recently been informed by Clive Jefferson that I might be taken to the County Court for refusing to misuse European Parliamentary funding!

“In December 2010, I was asked by our Chairman and Clive Jefferson to employ, with European Parliamentary funding, Christopher Barnet, who was in charge of the Party’s Alfred programme to put canvassing returns onto a data base for future elections.

“I was told that he would ‘look after’ my website. I said that I wanted to know, from him, what precisely he would be doing for his salary. He never contacted me.

“Very recently, I received an invoice from Clive Jefferson for £2000 that was supposed to represent five months of ‘services.’

“I told him that I had not entered into any contract with Mr. Barnet and to pay for unspecified services from European Parliamentary funds would be fraudulent.

“My concerns about the improper use of European Parliamentary funding are not unjustified.

“Our Chairman is currently under investigation by OLAF (the European Union Fraud Squad) because he is alleged to have used his constituency office in Cumbria as the party headquarters for the last six weeks of 2010.

“However, this whole saga has been subjected to ‘spin’ by our Chairman’s advisers and is being presented as my failure to pay huge debts allegedly owed to the Party. It is ironic that, in the leadership’s twisted vision of the world, resistance to the improper use of taxpayers’ money is misrepresented as a failure to pay one’s debts!

“This disgraceful affair is planned to be used as part of a huge smear campaign against me by the Party leadership. This is the reason I bring these facts out into the open.”

6 Responses to " Financial High-Jinks and Smear Campaigns against Andrew Brons "

Mill says:

June 28, 2011 at 10:13 am

I’m glad you’ve come out fighting Andrew, and are clealy aware of the gutter politics that NG and his team are more than willing to use.

Honesty and integrity should be a central element of your campaign, best of luck.

Reply

john voisey says:

June 28, 2011 at 10:41 am

A while ago bbc radio 4 ran a documentary called ‘the political club’in which Nigel Farage admitted to misusing his allowances and claimed EU officials said he could carry on as long as he kept it quiet. I still have a podcast of the programme. Of course, the bbc were itching to tar us with the same brush and it makes me vomit to see it appears they may achieve that goal.

Reply

Wim Wauters says:

June 28, 2011 at 10:48 am

Well said! It’s one thing for Nick to be a Robin Hood with Euro-money, but quite another for him to bring our party in trouble with the Fraud Squad and risk even more fines. We’re no longer a little party, it’s time to grow up and work in a responsible manner, rather than risk even more court cases & fines… Remember who pays for all these fines and court cases, and as a result of those, we haven’t got money to put fuel in our Truth Truck…

Reply

Syd says:

June 28, 2011 at 1:56 pm

The sooner Griffin and his criminally minded associates go the better it will be for this party and the nation.

Vote for Andrew Brons as party leader.

Reply

Lex says:

June 28, 2011 at 3:28 pm

See -

http://thebritishresistance.co.uk/the-editor/1044-andrew-brons-the-man-in-the-glass

Reply

Bob says:

June 28, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Harrington is one of the worst despicable creature ever to have got involved in Nationalism, he acts as part of Nick Griffin’s dirty tricks department, along with other horrid individuals who act as Griffin’s attack dogs on various internet forums. I sure we will hear of more smears in the next few weeks all emanating from this cesspit of lies and filth.

No comments:

Post a Comment