Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito





Tuesday 26 July 2011

What does "Pyrrhic victory" mean, Nick?

Nick Griffin Wins BNP Leadership Contest by 9 Votes

Posted by admin, on 25 July, 2011, to Andrew Brons' BNP Ideas web site

"I must follow them, I am their leader"
ANDREW BRONS MEP has sent his congratulations to Nick Griffin upon the latter’s victory by 9 votes in the British National Party’s leadership election contest.

“I accept the result, subject only to the checks that the Returning Officer will carry out in the next few days. I hope that we can work together for the benefit of our Party and our Nation,” Mr Brons said in a statement.

The vote percentage split was 49.8% to Mr Brons and 50.19% to Mr Griffin. There were 11 spoilt papers and 37 ballots were declared invalid as they contained no signature.

“People will not take it as mean spirited if I say that it is a very narrow margin of victory, and that it means the majority will have to work with the minority for the good of the party,” Mr Brons said.

“It is vital for unity that all members remain in the Party and in their posts. The future of Britain depends upon the continued existence of the only serious nationalist party,” Mr Brons continued.

“There are a number of unresolved legal and financial issues that might yet affect the Party and its leadership in ways that are unpredictable. We must be prepared for these eventualities.

“I should like to thank all members who voted for me. I hope that I am able to live up to the confidence they have expressed.

“I should also like to thank my campaign staff, who fought the leadership election under the most trying of circumstances,” Mr Brons said.

COMMENTS

A BNP supporter no more says:

July 25, 2011 at 10:46 pm

So near and yet so far. If there had been anything like a normal election campaign and if so may people had not been driven out of the party in one way or another, Andrew would have won and sanity, and future electoral progress, would have returned to the party. But alas that is not to be.

I shall remain a member until my membership runs out in the hope that something happens by then, as Andrew has hinted, that sees the removal of Griffin, but I shall continue my strike. It would be a complete waste of time … and money money money of course to do otherwise because the party’s going to go nowhere with this petty little dictator in charge!

However I believe Andrew needs to lead a new party, which should be set up soon, as he would be able to take with him an almost ready made party structure of regions and branches from the BNP’s many decent, intelligent, members, before we all drift away, and that will doubtless attract back the many people who have been expelled or drifted away over the last few years. It won’t be easy, starting a new party never is, but if we want to see our country saved before it’s too late be must do it, and we must do it NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment